Monday, May 20, 2013
Slow-cooked Spaghetti Sauce
Using a slow-cook method, the sauce creates a deep rich flavor that will please even your Italian friends. Serve over the pasta of your choice. It's sure to satisfy no matter which noodle you use.
At a glance
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 (28 ounce) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. cooked spaghetti
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage and cayenne pepper for about 5 minutes. Add enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer to your crock-pot and add onion and green peppers. Pour spaghetti sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW and cook 2-3 hours longer.
- Serve over spaghetti.