Impress Guests with Decadent, Easy Appetizers
All of these recipes are easy, but you can make it even easier on yourself by giving them a test run prior to your party. Maybe one of your condiments has turned or you never got your serving platter back from a friend. Any unforeseen snags should be worked out before the big day.
Laying out the dishes you plan on using before the party is a great idea. You can even set the table if you can keep your husband/kids/dogs/cats off of it.
Mini Moroccan Lamb Burgers on Brioche Rounds with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
(Adapted from Dave Lieberman's recipe featured on "Good Deal with Dave Lieberman")
21 min | Easy | Serves 6
- 1 pint plain Greek-style yogurt, full-fat
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 loaf brioche bread
- 2 lbs. ground lamb, shoulder meat
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into small pieces
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4 - inch thick rounds
- Kosher salt
- About 20 grinds fresh black pepper
You can make the yogurt sauce and brioche buns ahead of time. Seal them up in airtight containers for up to 24 hours before you need them. First, make the sauce. Grab a medium mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt and lemon zest and juice. Season to taste with a couple pinches of salt. Cover and refrigerate.