Saturday, May 18, 2013
Rich Turkey Sandwich
Looking for a turkey sandwich recipe to put a feather in your cap? Your guests will gobble up this gourmet sandwich that can be prepared for a host of hungry mouths, 20 to be exact.
At a glance
- 2 1/2 cups heavy mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup pureed chipotle in adobe sauce
- 3 medium limes, juiced
- 20 wedges Asiago cheese focaccia, split
- 5 lb. smoked turkey breast, sliced thin
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced very thin
- 1 lb. field greens, washed, dried and chilled
- Blend mayonnaise, sugar, pureed chipotle and lime juice together in a medium bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- For Each Serving: On bottom piece of split foccacia, spread 2 tbsp. of chipotle mayonnaise. Top with 4 oz. turkey and 1 slice onion. Lightly cover with greens. Replace top of foccacia.