Saturday, May 25, 2013
Microwaved Chocolate Log
Really, who can resist chocolate? Despite the use of a microwave, this recipe makes a crispy jelly roll. It's quite a delight.
At a glance
- 1 (10 oz.) package large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 5 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, butter and peanut butter. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir until well blended. Stir in cereal until well coated. Spread into prepared pan. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butterscotch chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes. Stir; spread over cereal mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jellyroll style, starting with a short side, peeling waxed paper away while rolling. Place seam side down on a serving plate; refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into 1-in. slices.
Ready in 15 min