Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Kosher Chicken Stew
This chicken stew prepares a delicious one-dish meal. It meats all the necessary requirements for being Kosher. It's good for those special Jewish holidays... or any other day. Serve with bagels.
At a glance
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1 can (16 oz.) tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) or 1 1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn, drained
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
Place chicken in a large pot, and add water to barely cover. Heat to boiling, lower heat and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes. Slice the canned tomatoes, and add, along with all other ingredients and simmer 30 minutes more, or until tender. Serve chicken in bowls, along with the vegetables, and adding some of the broth.
Also From Around The Web