Sunday, May 19, 2013
Green Beans & Prosciutto
These green beans are boiled and then sautéed and combined with cooked and crispy Prosciutto, lemon and pine nuts. Crunch and munch on this delicious vegetable.
At a glance
- 2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into ribbons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. minced fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (see Tip)
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans, return to a boil, and simmer until crisp and tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1/2 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto and cook, stirring, until crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
- Wipe out the pan; heat the remaining 2 tsp. of oil over medium heat. Add the beans, garlic, sage, 1/8 tsp. salt and several grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are browned in places, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in pine nuts, lemon zest and the prosciutto and season with lemon juice and the remaining 1/8 tsp. of salt and pepper.
Ready in 45 minutes