Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Fresh Halibut with Capers
It's the great halibut with capers to the rescue. You ad your guests will flip over this fabulous fish dish that's chock full of fresh herbs for flavor.
At a glance
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tsp. drained capers, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh halibut fillet, cut into 4 portions
- Place onion, parsley, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice, olives, capers, garlic and pepper in a food processor; pulse several times to chop. Add oil and process, scraping down the sides several times, until a pesto-like paste forms; pat halibut with the herb paste and cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 7-by-11-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the halibut in the dish and spoon any extra herb mixture on top. Bake, uncovered, until the fish is opaque in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Ready in 40 minutes