Monday, May 20, 2013
Classic Mexican Chili Soup
Want some inspiration for tonight's chili? Look south of the border. This spicy dish is sure to warm you up after a long hard day.
At a glance
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 tbsp. fat or bacon drippings
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 can cream of tomato soup
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 to 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- Chop onion and pepper and saute in fat.
- Add beef and cook until brown.
- Place cooked mixture in a 3-quart casserole.
- Add kidney beans.
- Combine remaining ingredients while stirring until smooth.
- Pour into casserole.
- Cover and bake in medium oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.