Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Best Cannellini Beans Chili
You will candidly love the cannellini. Serve after pouring hot pepper sauce in the chili, and garnish with parsley and shredded cheese. Excellent with muffins!
At a glance
- 1 tbsp. salad oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 whole large chicken breasts, skinned, boned & cut into ½ inch chunk
- 1 (15-19 oz.) can white kidney beans (cannellini), drained
- 1 (15 1/2 - 19 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (12 oz.) can corn, drained
- 2 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chilies
- 2 chicken flavor bouillon cubes or envelopes
- Hot pepper sauce
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- About 1 1/2 hour before serving:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small saucepan over medium heat, in hot oil, cook onion, garlic and cumin until onion is tender.
- In 2 1/2 quart casserole, combine onion mixture with chicken, white kidney beans, garbanzo beans, corn, and green chilies, bouillon and 1 1/2 cup water. Cover casserole and bake 40 to 50 minutes until chicken is tender.