Thursday, May 23, 2013
Baked Carrots & Turnip
Turn this turnip dish into part of a glorious meal. This vegetable and cheese casserole is perfect for any special occasion.
At a glance
- 1 (8 oz.) package instant stuffing mix
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 2 lb. carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) package processed cheese food, shredded
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Prepare the stuffing according to package directions.
- Place turnip and carrots in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook until tender. Drain, and mash. Mix in butter and brown sugar until melted.
- Place processed cheese food in a microwave-safe bowl, and melt in the microwave. Stir in milk, and mix into the mashed vegetables. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Top with the stuffing.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
Ready in 45 min