Sunday, May 19, 2013
Baked Apple French Toast
You simply cannot resist taking a bite out of this! This breakfast can be prepared the night before; it is truly enjoyable.
At a glance
- 8 cups cubed French bread (1 inch cubes)
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups milk, divided
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits
- 5 eggs
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; top with apples. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugars, 1/4-cup milk and 1 tsp. vanilla until smooth; stir in toffee bits. Spread over apples. Top with remaining bread cubes. In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs and remaining milk and vanilla; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Ready in 1 hour