Parenting can have its highs and lows throughout childhood development. Keep in mind that as the parent, you are the single most important factor in determining how your children grow up. This article will help show you a couple ways to grow healthier children.
1) Be a positive role model. If you are practicing healthy habits, it tends to be a lot easier to convince your children to do the same. Keep in mind that children tend to repeat actions that they see their role models engaging in.
2) Get the entire family in an active lifestyle. Try to plan times for everyone to be active together. A couple examples include family walks, bike rides, swimming, and gardening. Each family member will benefit from the exercise social family time.
3) Try to limit television, video game and computer times. These habits will tend to lead to an unhealthy lifestyle. Children who sit around on the computer and watch television all day are at a much higher risk of gaining weight and anti social.
4) Encourage physical activities that children will really enjoy. Let children experiment with different activities until they find something they really love. They will stick with this activity and stay healthy longer. Do not let them sit around all day doing whatever they want. There needs to be some sort of structure.
5) Be as supportive as possible. Focus on the positives instead of the negatives. Children will benefit from hearing more positive things than negative. If you celebrate the little things with them as they are young, they will grow up to be more positive individuals.
6) Set specific goals and limits with almost everything. A couple great examples are television and exercise time, and eating limitations. However, if you are too strict, it can have a negative affect on the child. It is possible that the child will look upon adult figures as too strict and even scary.
7) Try not to ever reward children with fatty snacks. This has been seen in the past as highly disadvantageous to children. Each time they do good things they think candy will be coming their way. This easily leads to childhood obesity. Instead you can reward them with healthy fruits and vegetables, even a play date with their friends. A few good suggestions include apples, bananas, oranges, peaches, cereal, and toys.
8) Try to eat breakfast and dinner as a family as much as possible. This is one of the important factors to help children develop their social skills. Try to think of what would happen if the child ate dinner and breakfast by themselves in their room each day. There is no doubt that the child would develop antisocial behavioral factors and possibly become depressed.
Now that you have more parenting tools to grow healthier children, it is time to put them to good use. Always remember that children as like mini sponges, they tend to soak up all the information around them and use it later on in life. Good luck growing healthy children.For more information visit these two helpful websites: Child Home Safety and Parenting Advice. You will be able to find more information on child psychology and parenting. You can also get information on eBay here: eBay Business.
Article Source: http://www.parentingarticlelibrary.com