Sunday, May 19, 2013
Natural Beauty Boosters
- For great hair, try eating foods that feature omega 3s, vitamin B12, and plenty of protein. Try eggs, olive oil, nuts and fish.
- Don't forget to drink plenty of water. A well-hydrated body tends to work more efficiently, flush away toxins, and maintain the energy needed for intense workouts. Your skin will show the effects as well by staying moist and smooth. With all these benefits, drinking water may be the best thing you can do for your health and your appearance.
- Taking a daily multi-vitamin can also ensure you get enough nutrients on a daily basis. It's best to get these nutrients from their natural sources, but a multi-vitamin can be a great addition to your diet, particularly for when we're eating on-the-go.
- Exfoliants combine a coarse product (sugar, salt, ground-up seeds) with a smooth base (such as honey, yogurt or avocado) to slough off dead skin and expose a glowing, fresh face. Exfoliating products can be purchased at stores or made at home from everyday kitchen products. Try scrubs that contain corn or rice powder if you have oily skin and richer formulations that contain avocado or olive oil if your skin is dry.
- Facial masks are created from a variety of ingredients and left on your face for around 15 minutes before being rinsed away with warm water. Some women prefer to make their own facial masks, but you can shop around in health food stores for facial masks that contain plenty of natural ingredients. Among the make-at-home favorites: egg whites (made by "painting" on the white of 1 egg) or oatmeal mixed with plain yogurt (try 1/2 cup of oatmeal ground to a fine powder and mixed with 1/4 cup yogurt).