Nail Fungus - No Need To Keep Living With The Infection
What are the causes of the nail infection and how did you get it?
Nail fungus is made up of tiny organisms that can infect fingernails and toenails. These organisms are called dermatophytes. Nail fungus is very common.The nail fungus moves in under the nail. The nail provides a safe place for the fungus and protects it while it grows.Anything that damages a nail can make it easier for the fungus to move in, such as:
- An injury (like banging a fingernail with a hammer)
- Tight shoes that pinch the toes
- Wearing socks and shoes that hinder ventilation and don't absorb perspiration
- Perspiring heavily
- Walking barefoot in damp public places, such as swimming pools, gyms and shower rooms
- People whose hands are often wet (for example, dishwashers in restaurants and professional house cleaners) are more likely to get fungal fingernail infections.