Sunday, May 19, 2013
Tasty Marinated Pasta
The title of the pasta does not lie. Simply tasty. Full of garlic, basil and more, this is surely a genuine Italian dish! So good you'll wish you made more.
At a glance
- 1 (16 oz.) package dry fettuccini noodles
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 2 cups of water.
- Bring the 2 cups reserved pasta water to a boil. Stir in olive oil, butter, 1/2 the lemon juice and the garlic and season with 1 tbsp. basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Boil 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with sauce. Toss with remaining lemon juice and basil. Cover, and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight.
Ready in 5 hours 25 min