Friday, May 24, 2013
Sweet Spinach Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
This delightful dressing goes well with Pork Pinwheels with fruit stuffing or with grilled chicken and coarse chopped pecans on top. It can even stand alone on its own.
At a glance
- 1/4 cup of vinegar, white wine
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, salad
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 8 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1 medium papaya, seeded, peeled, and cubed or mango or
- 2 medium pears, cored, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups grapes, seedless, halved
- In a screw top jar combine vinegar, oil, honey, poppy seed, and dry mustard Cover; shake well to mix.
- Combine spinach, papaya or pears, and grapes.
- Shake dressing again and pour over salad.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.