Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Sesame Strawberry Spinach Salad
Open sesame. This salad is an irresistible combination of spinach and strawberries to create a perfect blend. Once you try our strawberry salad, you'll make it at least once a week.
At a glance
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Ready in 1 hour 10 min