Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Pork in Bread Boats
The same old pork recipes can grow tiresome over time. So why not shake things up a bit with these pork stuffed bread boats? For a lighter version, use fat free Italian dressing.
At a glance
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bag (10 oz.) fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- 3 (6-inch) pieces French bread, split lengthwise in half
- 4 tsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pork, slices
- Cut pork into slices 1/4-inch thick. Place pork in plastic bag; add dressing, turning to coat. Tie bag securely and marinate at least 15 minutes (no longer than 1 1/2 hours). Remove pork from marinade. Brown pork in oil in nonstick skillet; pour off drippings. Add tomatoes and spinach. Cover tightly and cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Pour off liquid.
- Meanwhile remove soft centers from bread to form "boats"; spoon 1-cup pork mixture into each boat. Sprinkle each with equal amount of cheese.