Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Plum Tomato and Escarole Salad with Parmesan Balsa
Fancy and tasty, this salad has it all. Use some good quality vinegar and olive oil and you will create a real work of art. Trust us, you will impress your critics.
At a glance
- 2 cups escarole - torn, rinsed and dried
- 2 cups romaine lettuce - torn, washed and dried
- 2 cups Bibb lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 12 slices plum tomato
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl, combine the escarole, romaine, bibb lettuce and tomatoes.
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, cheese, garlic lemon juice, chicken broth and salt and pepper. Pour over salad, toss and serve.
Ready in 20 min