Saturday, January 31, 2015
Outstanding Cranberry Spinach Salad
Not just great, but groundbreaking. The Cranberry Spinach salad is both a fruit and veggie delight! Easy to prepare and a real pleasure to eat… truly enjoyable.
At a glance
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 lb. spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and cranberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and vegetable oil. Toss with spinach just before serving.
Ready in 20 min