Thursday, May 23, 2013
Original Cheese & Onion Quiche
Cheese and onions certainly have their share of lovers. Now put the two together for this interesting quiche dish. If you want to make this with a twist, add some ham or bacon.
At a glance
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened, divided
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Spread 1 tbsp. butter over bottom of pastry shell; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Spread in pastry shell. Toss Swiss cheese with flour; sprinkle over onion. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt. Pour evenly over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Ready in 1 hour 5 min