Friday, January 30, 2015
Nutty Apple Cornbread Dressing
This recipe needs no introduction at all... the ingredients and the preparation speak for themselves. For a dish you'll go nuts over, enjoy this apple cornbread stuffing.
At a glance
6 to 8 servings
- 1 (13 x 9-inch) pan cornbread, cooled and crumbled
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. herb stuffing mix
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups apple, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 3-quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl combine the cornbread, stuffing mix, parsley, salt and ginger.
- In a heavy saucepan melt the butter and sauté the celery and onion for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Add this to the cornbread mixture and mix well. Stir in the chopped apple, chopped pecans, apple juice and beaten eggs. Toss lightly. Spoon dressing into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.