Saturday, May 25, 2013
No Oven Cereal Chocolate Roll
Look, no oven! No baking is required for this fantastic roll that can be stored in the refrigerator and used when ready to serve.
At a glance
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Melt together corn syrup and white sugar over low heat. When mixture bubbles, remove from heat and add peanut butter, butter or margarine, and crispy rice cereal.
- Grease cookie sheet and put wax paper (also greased) on cookie sheet. Spread cereal mixture on wax paper.
- To Make Filling: Mix together 1/3-cup butter or margarine, milk and confectioners' sugar. Stir in cocoa and mix well.
- Spread filling on cereal mixture and roll up as for jellyroll. Slice when cool; store in refrigerator.