Wednesday, May 22, 2013
My Tomato Salad
This salad is a special one and comes with cubes of crusty bread, olives, basil and more! Tomayto, tomahto, what's the difference? It's tasty either way....
At a glance
- 1 tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with a pinch salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups 3/4-inch cubes crusty bread
- 1/2 lb. vine-ripened red tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. vine-ripened yellow tomatoes,
- 1/4 cup Nicosia or Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh marjoram leaves, chopped
- In a bowl whisk together vinegar, garlic paste, and pepper to taste and whisk in oil until emulsified. Add remaining ingredients and salt to taste and toss to combine well. Let salad stand at room temperature 15 minutes to allow bread to soak up some dressing.