Monday, May 20, 2013
Mexican Chicken Salad
Feel like goin' south? Try this salad that includes a layer of baked taco chips topped with layers of lettuce, chicken, tomatoes and cheese and dressed with sour cream, salsa, cumin and pepper sauce.
At a glance
- 4 serving olive oil cooking spray
- 8 medium corn tortilla, cut into 4 wedges each
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 lb. cooked, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange tortillas on baking sheet; spray tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Arrange tortillas in bottom and up sides of 4 salad bowls. Place 1/4 of lettuce, chicken, tomatoes and cheese in each bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, salsa, cumin and pepper sauce. Drizzle about 3 tbsp. dressing over each salad.