Saturday, May 18, 2013
Mac in Chili Soup
You've heard of Mac and Cheese, but have you heard of Mac and Chili? This soup calls for ground beef, tomatoes, chili seasoning mix, macaroni, beef bouillon cube, water, bread and Parmesan cheese.
At a glance
six 1-cup servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes (low-sodium)
- 1 pkg. chili seasoning mix
- 3 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 6 slices toasted French bread
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown beef in heavy saucepan; drain fat. Add tomatoes, seasoning mix, water, macaroni, and bouillon cube; stir to mix. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Ladle into 6 serving bowls; top with toast and sprinkle with cheese.