Friday, May 24, 2013
Just because you're dieting doesn't mean you can't indulge in this award-winning calzone that's both lite and lively. Make it Italian tonight!
At a glance
- 1 pkg. frozen bread dough
- 1 lb. low salt part skin ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup low cholesterol egg substitute
- Mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, part skim Mozzarella or no salt Mozzarella, for garnish
- Cut a 6-7 oz. piece of bread dough and roll into a ball. Let dough rise, then roll out into a 6-7 inch pie. Top with desired garnishes. Fold dough over and crimp edges. Put 4 slits in the crust; bake at 500 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven. Cut the calzone where the slits were made.