Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Holiday French Toast
The holidays are sure to be happy when you prepare this French toast favorite. Soak and refrigerate the bread overnight so to allow a full blend of flavors.
At a glance
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 12 slices French bread
- Whisk the eggs, eggnog, and cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Preheat an electric skillet to 300 degrees. Lightly grease the skillet.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time into the eggnog mixture, being sure to coat each side of the bread thoroughly.
- Place the prepared bread slices into the preheated skillet, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side. Place cooked slices on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm until all French toast is cooked. Serve immediately.
Ready in 20 min
Also From Around The Web