Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Green Chili & Chicken Soup
This is most certainly some chicken soup for the soul. Prepared with green chilies, this divine stew really brings home the great flavor.
At a glance
- Chicken, deboned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 sm. peeled California chilies
- 4 tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 4 (8 oz.) pkg. frozen corn
- Bouillon added to chicken stock
- Tortilla chips
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook chicken, remove bones and save stock for soup.
- Sauté onions in oil. Add chili and sauté. Put in blender to puree. Add broth and chicken pieces. Add cilantro and salt and pepper. Puree 2 cups of corn with a little of the broth and add to soup. Add rest of corn whole.
- Put grated cheese in cup; add chips, then soup. Put sour cream dab on top.