Sunday, May 19, 2013
Golden Brats in Hoagie Rolls
Ready to get your bbq on? These golden bratwursts are a real crowd pleaser that are served on a roll and covered in your favorite toppings.
At a glance
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (11 x 9 x 2 3/8-inch) aluminum foil-baking pan
- 2 to 3 (12 oz.) bottles beer
- 1 to 2 packages fresh bratwurst
- Hoagie rolls
- Your favorite condiments
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add sliced onions and cook over low heat, uncovered, until onions are caramelized and golden in color. Prepare grill.
- Place aluminum pan on one side of grill and add the caramelized onions and beer; bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, grill the brats until golden brown then place in the hot tub.
- Serve brats in hoagie rolls with your favorite condiments.