Thursday, May 23, 2013
Glazed Morning Rolls
Substitute those glazed over eyes in the morning with glazed morning rolls! These rolls are made with blueberry and are glazed with a sauce of sugar, milk, and grated orange peel.
At a glance
- 1 (10-oz.) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Blueberry filling:
- 3/4 cup blueberries, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberry-filling ingredients, stirring to dissolve cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Spread blueberry filling over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border along the sides. Beginning with a long side, roll up jellyroll fashion; pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll). Cut roll into 12 (1-inch) slices. Place slices; cut sides up, in greased muffin cups.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove rolls from pan; cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
- For glaze: Combine powdered sugar, milk, and grated orange peel, stirring until smooth. Drizzle icing over rolls.