Friday, May 24, 2013
Fruited Fennel Salad With Celery Seed Dressing
Lettuce introduce you to a fresh salad that's filled with fennel and covered with a celery seed dressing. This is a great way to open a special dinner.
At a glance
- 5 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 head fennel, sliced
- 2 medium granny smith apples, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. grated onions
- 3 tsp. celery seeds
- Thoroughly wash spinach and remove any fibrous stems; dry and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add sliced fennel, apples and red onions.
- Honey Celery Seed Dressing:.
- In a separate mixing bowl mix mustard, salt, and paprika; add in honey and blend well.
- Add oil and vinegar a little at a time, alternating, whisking briskly between each addition.
- Add grated onion and celery seed; makes about 1 2/3 cups of dressing.
- Mix in the Honey Celery Seed Dressing with salad.
- Serve with fresh baked baguette bread and garnished with chopped fennel tops.
Ready in 10 min