Friday, December 06, 2013
Farmer's Apple Pie Pancakes
Bring your favorite dessert to breakfast. These apple pie pancakes have gourmet goodness at their core. The whipped cream and applesauce mixture totally takes the cake on this breakfast treat.
At a glance
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 2/3 cup carnation nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp. granular Splenda sugar substitute (or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- In a medium bowl, combine applesauce and cool whip free.
- Fold in raisins and cover and refrigerate while preparing pancakes.
- In a large bowl, combine dry baking mix, dry milk powder, walnuts, Splenda, and apple pie spice. Add water, vanilla extract, and egg white and mix well to combine. Using a 1/3-cup measure as a guide, pour batter onto a hot griddle or skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray to form 8 pancakes.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and bubbles are popping. For each serving, place a pancake on a plate and top with about 1/4 cup applesauce mixture. Serve at once.
Ready in 25 min