Monday, May 20, 2013
Anything but spooky, this makes for a great savory pumpkin meal. Sweeten the pot with brown sugar. Certainly no trick, but all treat.
At a glance
- 1 (2 lb.) pumpkin
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup farmer's cheese or ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a large baking dish with oil or cooking spray.
- Cut pumpkin in half, and remove seeds; cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Peel slices, and place pumpkin slices into a large bowl. Toss with onion and melted butter, and season with salt and white pepper. Arrange in prepared baking dish.
- Bake pumpkin in preheated oven for 30 minutes. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with milk and cheese; pour mixture over pumpkin in baking dish. Continue baking for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Ready in 1 hour 20 min