Thursday, June 20, 2013
Easy Baked Apples
It's as easy as pie. You can use a microwave oven to prepare these apples and dates. It's as simple as can be and good to the core.
At a glance
- 2 medium apples, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp. snipped pitted whole dates
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1 tbsp. raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola
- In two 10 or 12-oz. casseroles combine the apples and dates. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour the apple juice over apple mixture.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender. Stir the spreadable fruit; spoon on top of apple mixture. Sprinkle with granola. Serve warm.
Also From Around The Web