Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Earthy Stuffed Peppers
Black beans, tomatoes and millet are stuffed into pepper shells and then microwaved. Rich in fibers and gluten free, this makes for a great vegetarian dish.
At a glance
- 1 cup millet
- 4 cups water
- 4 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 5 medium bell peppers
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- Combine the millet, water and vegetable bouillon in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Slice the tops off of the peppers, and remove the seeds and cores. Set aside. When the millet is done, stir in the tomatoes and black beans. Spoon into the peppers until filled. Place the peppers into a glass baking dish, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Cook in the microwave for 10 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Turn peppers every 2 to 3 minutes to ensure even cooking.
Ready in 35 min
Also From Around The Web