Thursday, May 23, 2013
This scintillating soup can be served as an appetizer or a dessert. There's nothing complicated about whipping up a pot of this Indian-inspired dish that gives you curry in a hurry.
At a glance
- 1 tbsp. ghee or butter
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 green cardamom pods, seeds from
- 1 quart orange juice, freshly squeezed
- Heat ghee or butter in a medium pot over low heat. Add spices and stir until fragrant. Stir in orange juice and cook slowly for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot, in small bowls or cups, with or without spoons.
Ready in 20 min