Saturday, December 07, 2013
Classic Breakfast Casserole
A classic never gets old. And this is one of those dishes. It's got eggs, sausage, potatoes and cheese for a complete and filling wintertime breakfast!
At a glance
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Prick potatoes with a fork; place on a medium baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes, or until tender but firm. Remove from heat, cool, peel, and cube.
- Cook and stir sausage in a medium saucepan over medium heat until evenly browned; drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir potatoes and onion into saucepan, and cook until potatoes are browned and onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with seasoning salt; place potato mixture in the prepared baking dish. Cover with sausage. Sprinkle with cheese, top with eggs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until eggs are fully cooked.
Ready in 1 hour 35 min