Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Cheese & Sausage Hot Muffins
Do you know the muffin, man? Get to know this one: an unusual type of muffin especially for the extra flavor added by the green chiles!
At a glance
- 1 (11-oz.) pkg. Welsh Rarebit defrosted
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cups all-purpose baking mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 24 muffin cups.
- Combine Welsh rarebit, sausage, chiles, chili powder and cumin in medium bowl. Add baking mix; stir just until moistened. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.