Saturday, May 25, 2013
Celebrate good recipes! This recipe makes a filling and rich casserole which is perfect for any winter holiday! You'll have a ball.
At a glance
4 to 6 servings
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet; cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside. In a separate skillet, melt the butter and fry onions and mushrooms until tender.
- Place potatoes in bottom of prepared dish; sprinkle with salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Top with bacon, then onions and mushrooms.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk and parsley. Pour over casserole. Top with grated cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until set. If preparing and baking the same day, cook for 45 minutes.