Monday, December 22, 2014
Hungry for a hearty country meal with some fabulous fixings? Go fish, as in catfish. This broiled catfish sandwich will a surefire winner.
At a glance
- 2 catfish fillets, approximately 8 oz. each
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno or habanero pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced in strips
- 2 large sandwich rolls
- 1/2 red and/or yellow pepper, seeded and sliced in strips
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Using spoon handle slice roll leaving one side intact and scoop bread from top and bottom. Set aside; saut garlic, peppers and tomato paste in olive oil and add limejuice.
- Cook until blended, approximately 3-5 min. Add 1/2-cup water and cook until absorbed. Make space in pan and add fillets. Baste fillets with sauce. Place in broiler for approximately 8 minutes. In bottom "well" of roll put peppers, then fish fillet, and then peppers.