Sunday, May 19, 2013
Broccoli, Cheese & Rice Casserole
For the novice chef, coming up with creative side dishes poses a real challenge. That is why staples like this simple broccoli, cheese and rice casserole are so popular. One bite and it's certain to earn a permanent spot in your recipe repertoire.
At a glance
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 oz. light processed cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.