Saturday, December 20, 2014
Best French Trifle
When you're looking for a yummy trifle, the proof is in the pudding. Add this beautiful dessert to your recipe repertoire. A simple fix, it's hard to believe this tempting treat is so darn simple.
At a glance
10 - 12 servings
- 1 (17 1/4 oz.) pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chocolate flavor syrup
- Unfold the puff pastry and place each sheet on a baking sheet. Bake according to the pkg. directions until golden. Allow the pastry to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pudding mix and milk until thickened. Stir in half of the whipped topping until thoroughly mixed.
- Break the cooled pastry into large pieces and place one third of them in the bottom of a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Spoon half of the pudding mixture over that and drizzle with one third of the chocolate syrup. Repeat the layers then top with the remaining broken-up pastry, the whipped topping, and the remaining chocolate syrup. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.