Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Crispy Oat Cereal
Talk about a cereal killer. Start your morning off with this homemade cereal that is certain to bowl you over. One spoonful and you will quickly realize it puts those storebought brands to shame. Dive in.
At a glance
- 1 1/4 cups large rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups roughly chopped pecans (you can use almonds or hazelnuts if you prefer, or a mixture)
- 6 tbsp. maple syrup
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread onto a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and crunchy.
- Cool, then break up into clumps and serve.
Ready in 40 min