Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Bean Chili con Carne
If you're a connoisseur of chili, this is one dish you'll definitely want to download. A delicious version of chili con carne, it is guaranteed to bowl you over. One bite, and you'll fall in love. Dive in tonight!
At a glance
- 2 lb. lean beef stew meat, trimmed of fat, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 lb. (or 3 cups) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cups canned kidney beans
- Brown meat in large skillet with half of vegetable oil; add water.
- Simmer covered for 1 hour until meat is tender.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil in second skillet. Add garlic and onion, and cook over low heat until onion is softened.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic-onion-flour mixture to cooked meat. Then add remaining ingredients to meat mixture and simmer for 1/2 hour.