Monday, May 20, 2013
Baked Spinach & Eggs
You'll want to eat all your spinach and fight til the finish when you sample this eggs-cellent breakfast dish. Eggs, spinach and Parmesan team up in this incredible blend that really is all its cracked up to be. Talk about a shell of a meal.
At a glance
- 2 1/2 lb. fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring 1/4 cup of water to a rapid boil in a large skillet.
- Wash spinach well in cold running water. Remove any heavy stalks.
- When water is boiling, add spinach and cook for 7 minutes. Drain well. Squeeze dry with paper towel. Set aside.
- Dry the skillet which was used to cook spinach and melt 4 tbsp. of butter. Sauté spinach in butter for several minutes over medium high heat. Grease an ovenproof casserole or baking dish with 1 tbsp. butter. Transfer spinach to baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese. Melt remaining butter and pour over spinach. Bake in oven at 375 degrees. When cheese has thoroughly melted, remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, sauté the eggs. Serve with the spinach on a heated serving dish.
Ready in 30 min