Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Asian Stir-Fry Noodles
You'll go stir crazy over this excellent Asian dish that's loaded with noodles and veggies. The soy and sesame flavor makes it a dish that's chock full of delightful flavors.
At a glance
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Chinese noodles
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Crushed red chili flakes
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente for 10 minutes, or according to the pkg. directions. Drain the noodles thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot or frying pan, heat the oils over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. Stir in the soy sauce and broccoli and continue to cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add remaining vegetables and cooked noodles and toss until warmed through.
- Divide the noodles among warmed individual plates and top with crushed red chili flakes. Serve immediately.