Perfect Protein Sources for Kids
- 0 to 6 months old - 9.1 grams
- 7 to 12 months old - 13.5 grams
- 1 to 3 years old - 13 grams
- 4 to 8 years old - 19 grams
- 9 to 13 years old- 34 grams
- 14 to 18 year old males - 52 grams
- 14 to 18 year old females - 46 grams
Can My Child Receive Too Much Protein?
It is possible to develop something called toxicity if you consume an excessive amount of proteins over several years time.
Toxicity is serious as it can lead to kidney problems or bone loss. Bone loss can then lead to osteoporosis. This is not something to be worried about, just be aware of it so that your child is not consuming significant amounts of proteins.