20 Essentials Every Working Mom Needs
15. A goal outside of work - training for a marathon, completing a painting class or something as simple as finishing a book are great ways to give you something to look forward to outside of work and accomplishments that aren't all business-related.
16. A dishwasher - pay the extra money to have one installed if you haven't yet. After a long meeting, cooking dinner and working on homework, do you really want to spend another 30 minutes elbow-deep in dishwater?
17. Reminders of home - framed pictures, children's artwork and a cozy throw blanket on the back of your chair all can help you feel more at home throughout the day until you can leave.
18. Video chatting - stuck working late on a proposal or budget due the next day? Take a 10-minute break to Skype or Facetime with your kids before bedtime. It will lessen your guilt, boost your productivity and give you an update on their activities.
19. Exercise - it doesn't matter if it's a 20-minute walk around the parking lot during your lunch break or weekly sessions with a trainer - get moving! You'll feel better and deal with stress more easily...not to mention fitting into those pre-baby jeans.