Rehab Rocker Dies Suddenly
Former Alice in Chains guitarist Mike Starr was found dead in his Salt Lake City home on Tuesday afternoon. Recently, the 44-year-old rocker was more well known for his stint in Celebrity Rehab back in 2009. Despite his appearance on Dr. Drew's VH1 program, Starr's troubles didn't end there. Last month, he was arrested when he was found with Xanax pills and painkillers on him. Starr was arrested and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance. When Starr checked into Celebrity Rehab, his drug of choice was heroin. He later appeared on Sober House, the spin-off to the popular reality show. Last year, he appeared on Celebrity Rehab to celebrate six months of sobriety. But that obviously didn't last, given last month's bust. So far no cause of death has been given, although one can surmise based on Dr. Drew's comments that it was drugs. Dr. Drew issued the following Tweet after learning of Starr's passing, "Devastating to hear of Mike Starr succumbing to his illness. So very sad. our prayers are with his family." Starr's father told TMZ that his son's death was "a terrible shock and tragedy." In 2002, Alice in Chains singer Layne Staley died from an overdose of heroin and cocaine.